JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Manufacturing and Engineering helps manufacturers especially those that operate within a mixed-mode (process, discrete, repetitive, etc.) manufacturing environment develop, manufacture, and distribute products in a timely fashion; use efficient processes that optimize resources; and satisfy customer expectations about quality, price, and delivery.
- Integrate manufacturing strategies to improve your competitiveness
- Manage all manufacturing modes with a single enterprise-wide system where all manufacturing processes share common inventory, material, planning, purchasing, and financial databases
- Enable quick transitions to different modes as you add or change product lines or tactics
- Simultaneously integrate all of your facilities regardless of which mode or modes they use
- UX One role-based landing pages for Plant Managers, Production Managers, and Production Schedulers provide at-a-glance alerts and analytics, along with easy navigation to take action Manufacturing Management Products:
- Quality Management
- Requirements Planning
Every manufacturer is looking at a robust ERP solution to help take control of manufacturing processes and ensure fulfillment of market demands. However, selecting and implementing a broad-reaching system can feel like a high commitment.
We will discuss more how JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Manufacturing Management can help your business, explaining in details how it works, the main features, and the added value it can bring to the enterprise.
How does JD Edwards Manufacturing Management work?
JD Edwards Manufacturing Management is a part of the JD Edwards Manufacturing Suite that contains four main models:
- Requirements Planning: Maximize customer service levels while keeping costs and working capital minimized in a demand-driven manufacturing environment. Manufacturing, capacity, and distribution requirements help optimize the day-to-day flow of goods from procurement and manufacturing through warehousing and distribution. Generate detailed and complete visibility of all material and resource activities to ensure that material supply aligns with product demand across multiple manufacturing sites and your complex distribution network. Incorporate all enterprise locations and mixed-mode production processes under one requirement planning umbrella.
- Manufacturing Management: is divided into two main parts:
- Product Data Management (PDM): provides the tools to control access to and manage all product definition data. Core master files that contain this information include item masters, bills of materials, work centers, and routings.
- Data Sheet
- Shop Floor Management (SFM): Manage work orders and rate schedule creation, maintenance, and tracking for demand-driven manufacturing. Enable detailed manufacturing accounting, product costing, and substitution processing. Scheduling workbenches monitor production scheduling and substitution processing.
- Data Sheet
- Configurator Move configured products through the supply chain using configured purchase orders, work orders, inter-branch orders, and direct sales orders across multiple facilities and partners throughout industrial manufacturing, electronics manufacturing, and wholesale distribution environments.
- Quality Management: Improving quality improves the bottom line and increases customer satisfaction. Enable your company to capitalize on quality with integrated functionality to build quality into manufacturing processes and purchased components so that products perform as defined and expected
The only mandatory module is Manufacturing Management.
Main Features of JD Edwards Manufacturing Management
JD Edwards Manufacturing Management solution has been the software of choice for many manufacturing companies. Its capabilities and features stand out when compared to other manufacturing software.
The main features of the Shop Floor Control are:
- Support mixed-mode manufacturing environments
- Achieve just-in-time and lean/flow goals
- Respond quickly to changes in reporting requirements
- UX One role-based pages for Plant
As for the Product Data Management:
- Integrate product information across manufacturing modes
- Improve visibility into engineering change management process
- Gain superior process resource and definition control
How does JD Edwards Manufacturing Management System Help your business
Manufacturers operating within a mixed mode (process, discrete, repetitive, etc.) usually struggle to develop, manufacture, and distribute products on time. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Manufacturing Management system addresses these challenges through a holistic solution that uses efficient processes to optimize resources and satisfy customer’s expectations including quality, price, and delivery.
What does Shop Floor Control (SFC) add to your manufacturing facility?
Executes the production plan that supports inventory, cost, quality, and product lead-time objectives to meet customer and marketplace requirements.
Efficiently schedules your work-in-process activities—whether they are regular work orders, rate scheduled, or preventive maintenance—and creates the needed parts list and routings
Drive production and component replenishment by manual or electronic kanban signals, both inside your plant and with your suppliers, to achieve just in-time and lean/flow goals
What Does Product Data Management Add to Your Manufacturing Facility?
Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Manufacturing-PDM provides “input once, available everywhere” to avoid having the same information referred to differently in different parts. It integrates information for discrete, process, and repetitive operations in multimode manufacturing environments.
Superior process resource definition and control with the flexibility to define quantities for intermediate products, plan and create multiple unique items, and minimize manufacturing interruptions
Manage your engineering change request (ECR) and engineering change order (ECO) process through the same data source to help you close the loop between engineering and manufacturing.
About Global technology Solutions
Global Technology Solutions has more than 18 years of experience in implementing, developing, supporting, and hosting Oracle JD Edwards EntepriseOne ERP across multiple industries within the MENA region.
Our experts are ready to answer any question; to learn more, or to request a free consultation.
Start your Manufacturing Digital Transformation Journey today.